The Society of Publishers in Asia (SOPA) is a Hong Kong based not-for-profit organisation that was founded in 1982 to champion freedom of the press, promote excellence in journalism and endorse best practices for all local and regional publishing platforms in the Asia Pacific region. Today, SOPA is the voice of Asia’s media and publishing industry, and continues to work to uphold media standards and freedoms while celebrating and supporting professional journalism and publishing.
SOPA is looking to fill a new position of Business Development Manager to support the organisation’s growth and momentum in the areas of membership generation, sponsorships and event ticket sales. The Business Development Manager will ideally leverage their experience to increase outreach towards prospective members of SOPA and prospective sponsors of SOPA events to support the organisation in increasing the strength and diversity of its revenue streams. The successful candidate will also play a key role in developing and implementing a strategic plan for the commercial success of SOPA in Asia to ensure that all commercial opportunities needed to safeguard the operations of the non-for-profit are maximised, including both those that are undertaken now and also new channels of business development opportunities. The Business Development Manager, APAC will ideally be based in Hong Kong or Singapore (but, we will also consider candidates from other locations in Asia Pacific) and will report into the Managing Director who is based in Hong Kong.
- Grow sponsorship and membership revenue and commercial opportunities through business development strategies and CRM tools focused on building consultative relationships
- Develop and execute against a strategic plan that leads to the generation of commercial opportunities for SOPA
- Be effective in sales pipeline management and create and implement sales tools and techniques that increase performance and efficiency
- Successfully communicate clearly with accounts through professional presentations, proposals, price quotations, and ongoing meetings
Skills & Experience:
- 5-7+ years of business development, sales or partnership development experience, ideally within the not-for-profit sector
- Previous experience in partnership development for a non-profit organization or organisation within the publishing/media sector
- Proven track record of goal attainment and portfolio growth
- Educated to BA level (or equivalent relevant qualifications)
- The role will require a combination of an analytical mindset, business judgement, strong communication and relationship building skills
- Successful candidates will be excited by the opportunity to be a part of a team that has a direct and tangible impact on the growth of SOPA
- Adaptive, flexible, productive, efficient and collaborative
- Strong ethical and professional standards – including accountability, transparency
- Strong productivity, organization and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a hunger to succeed
Interested parties should submit their cvs and expected salary range to [email protected].